For June, we’re throwing another round of Lightning Talks! These are 5-minute talks about a variety of topics all related to game development and we need volunteers.
Last time, we heard from our members on topics around procedural terrain generation, starting an indie game dev studio, 3D animation & rigging and discovered a book all about video games written by a local author!
For June, we’re lining up the presentations and want to hear from you. Please message me through meetup.com if you’re interested in presenting. This is a low-pressure environment to brush-up (or show off) your public speaking skills in a very warm and welcoming environment. It’s also a great way to teach, share or promote whatever it is you do!
Here are some general topics to get you thinking, but feel free to pitch your own ideas!
– how to print 3D models for board games
– why making an RPG about migraines is a great idea
– how to fail miserably this one time, and what you learned
– what makes a great designer
– a must have Unity plugin for all
– how to make a great kickstarter video
– the worst and best game designs
– how to break into the game dev industry
– how to write your first line of code
– game theory
– monetization models that earn you up to $5.00 a year!
– great project management tools
Again, this can be on anything. It’s incredibly fun to do and watch so spread the word and join us for another great night of talking game development at The Quarters.
Pat King | Pioneer Valley Game Developers
– – –
ps. A big thanks to Mike Levine for coming out and talking to us about HoloGrid: Monster Battles this past month. The game is awesome and they just launched their Kickstarter campaign. Check it out and support this great local game developer!